The benefits of yoga are not just physical. There are tremendous benefits that carry over off the mat and into our daily lives in body, mind, and spirit.
Studies have shown that a regular yoga practice can:
- lower stress and blood pressure.
- balance behavior.
- build brain cells and connections.
- enhance memory, creativity, & academic achievement.
- increase feelings of self-worth.
- help to decrease feelings of fear and anxiety.
- You DON’T have to be flexible to do yoga. In fact, you don’t have to be anything to do yoga. Yoga actually helps you to become more flexible.
- There is no athletic ability of any kind required.
- Yoga is open to ALL, regardless of size, shape, gender or age!
- Yoga is a LIFE-LONG activity!
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your 1st session as you will need register and ensure a space in class.
- Please bring your own mat.
- Arrive a few minutes early to ensure a space and to begin class relaxed.
- If you do arrive late, please be sure to enter quietly.
- Wear comfortable clothing in which you can move easily, that is not too loose.
- Please turn your cell phone off or to silent.